At W.A.Y.S. it is a core tenet of our belief that volunteerism is a part of the healing process for our participants.
- Volunteering helps counteract the effects of stress, anger and anxiety.
- Volunteering combats depression.
- Volunteering makes you happy.
- Volunteering increases self-confidence.
- Volunteering provides a sense of purpose.
- Volunteering helps you stay physically healthy.
W.A.Y.S. volunteerism is community driven with a focus on the needs of a particular community. Some of the partner organizations to help achieve this goal with W.A.Y.S. include “He Cares,” an organization whose mission is to assist elderly residents throughout the east side of Indianapolis with their lawn care. This service is absolutely FREE for the recipients. Our youth work with the participants of “He Cares” side by side on each project. “He Cares” has already established relationships with the senior recipients.
W.A.Y.S. is always seeking volunteer opportunities. As a core part of our program, it will always be something that the youth at W.A.Y.S. are committed to doing.